Tuesday 14 April 2009

Svileni šali - Silk scarves

Ves čas, ko z rastlinami barvam volno, barvam tudi svilene šale (svila pongee, 45 x 180 cm).
All the time I've been natural dyeing wool I've been also dyeing silk scarves (silk pongee, 45 x 180 cm).
Tri leta sem jih samo barvala in spravljala v košaro, jih občasno občudovala and razkazovala še drugim. Letos sem jim končno dala prišiti kratke ježke, na strop so mi montirali tirnico s trakom ježka in zdaj krasijo mojo predsobo - trije metri krasnih barv svile!
S fotografiranjem sem se zelo trudila sama, nato pa še drugi zet Tomaž, ampak v predsobi ni skoraj nič naravne svetlobe in tole je najboljše, kar sva lahko naredila.
For three years I've been only dyeing and putting them in a basket, admiring them and showing them to visitors from time to time. This year I finally had short velcro bands sewn to them, a curtain rail with a velcro band mounted on the ceiling and now they make a lovely decoration in my hall - three meters of splendid silk colours!
I made every effort to take usefull pictures myself, then my second son-in-law Tomaž helped me, but since there is practically no natural light in the hall these pictures are the best we could make.

3 comments:

florcita said...

Those are very beautiful colors!
I responded to your comment on my blog. I was asking that then,if what i did is not right, what do I have to do. I found it surprising to read your comment -although I apreciate feedback and tips obviously- because it contradict all of the information I've been reading so far. So I was interested in your take here.

Those lovely silk scarves would be great for nuno felting. You should sell them!

Tomaž Ovsenik said...

Za učenca fotografije kar ok :), 'studio' je pa tudi kar ok, če odštejem umetno svetlobo, ki pokvari prave barve, kajne.

Ladka said...

Tomaž, tole z umetno svetlobo in naravnimi barvami ostaja izziv za naju - no, ali pa vsaj zame.